Sunday, April 14, 2013

THANK YOU, GOD!

This is the disciple who is testifying to these things and has written them, and we know that his testimony is true (John 21:24, NRSV).

THANK YOU, GOD!

I give thanks, O gracious God, for all the insights I’ve received
        from this Gospel, which John testified is true.
I am grateful for the ways that John has helped me to believe,
        for your Spirit has confirmed his message, too.

What a joy and inspiration, Lord, to know that you inspired
        the disciple Jesus loved to write these things.
And the fact that John was an eyewitness to all that transpired
        reinforces my faith in the King of kings.

Thank you, God, for all the ways that you have made the good news known,
        and for every truth that I have read or heard.
Through John’s Gospel in particular my faith in Christ has grown,
        for I’ve come to know him as the living Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment