Friday, March 29, 2013

A HELPING HAND


A HELPING HAND

O Christ, had I one wish I fain would be                                        
        the one who bore your cross to Calvary,    
who walked beside you on the dusty way
        and shared the pain you bore for me that day.

If only it were my hand that you clasped,
        my shoulder which your aching fingers grasped,
then would I dare to face that painful scene,
        if it were I upon whom you could lean.

But, Jesus, you are walking even yet,
        your cross upon your back.  Need I regret,
as if all opportunity were gone?
        The road to Calvary goes on and on!

Beneath another's cross your face I see.
        My neighbor's burden is your cross for me.
Your silent sorrow bids me understand
        that you will always need a helping hand.

(from Now, That's a Miracle!)

No comments:

Post a Comment